Bereavement Support Ministry
“A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam. And for a brief moment its glory and beauty belong to our world. But then it flies on again, and though we wish it could have stayed, we feel so lucky to have seen it.”
Bereavement Support will be offered for all persons grieving the death of a loved one. If you have recently lost a loved one, your first year or subsequent years without them can be painful. Many times people are caught in the dilemma of the need to grieve and the pressure from others to get over it. Those who are grief-stricken need help to find ways to take care of themselves.
To register for the group or for more information, contact Pastoral Associate Rose Gordyan at ext. 227.
1:00 to 3:00 pm
- September 14…Crazy is Normal
- September 21…Understanding the Stages of Grief
- September 28…Surviving Stress and Loneliness
- October 05…NO MEETING
- October 12…Our Feelings of Denial, Bargaining, and Guilt
- October 19…Our Feelings of Anger and Depression
- October 26…Spiritual Elements of Grief and Healing
- November 02…NO MEETING
- November 09…The Value of Memories
- November 16…Getting Through the Holidays
- November 23…NO MEETING
- November 30…Value of Tools for Going Forward
- December 14…Getting Through the Christmas Holiday
All are welcome.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted.