Preparation for First Reconciliation
and First Communion
2019 SACRAMENTAL DATES
Saturday, January 12
(during the Reconciliation Retreat)
First Communion – Parents choose from the following days/times:
~ Saturday, April 27, 5:30 pm Parish Mass
~ Sunday, April 28, 9:30 am Parish Mass
~ Sunday, April 28, 5:30 pm Life Teen Mass
~ Saturday, May 4, 10:00 am Large Group Mass
~ Saturday, May 4, 5:30 pm Parish Mass
~ Sunday, May 5, 11:30 am Parish Mass
If you are a registered parishioner with a baptized child who has reached the age of 7 (typically 2nd grade), we would like to extend an invitation to you to register for the new BLESSED Sacramental Preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion. We are so excited to be using this new BLESSED curriculum from Matthew Kelly of Dynamic Catholic!
All students in Grade 2 must register for BLESSED. This registration is inclusive of PSR and special Sacramental Preparation sessions if you are a PSR student. BLESSED PSR Sessions are on Mondays OR Tuesdays, 5:30-7:00 pm, the same days and times as Traditional PSR Classes. If your child attends Seton Catholic School, this registration covers BLESSED at home and the special Sacramental Preparation sessions required of all children receiving their sacraments.
Tuition for Grade 2:
- $125 total per child – Traditional PSR ($75) + BLESSED ($50) OR
- $125 total per child – Family PSR ($75) + BLESSED ($50) OR
- $50 for Seton Catholic School Students (BLESSED only)
If you need scholarship assistance, please contact Lisa Davidson email@example.com.
BLESSED Homeschool will be open to Grade 2 students who have completed the Grade 1 PSR curriculum. Parents must call Lisa Davidson at 330-653-8118 x248 for acceptance into the Homeschool program before registration. Homeschool tuition for BLESSED is $50.
Sacramental Preparation Sessions are different from, and in addition to,
your child’s classroom faith formation. All St. Mary children, PSR and Seton Catholic School, are prepared for and celebrate the sacraments together.
In 2018-19 these ADDITIONAL REQUIRED sessions are:
- BLESSED Parent Presentation (parent only). Parents must attend ONE of the following times and must bring your child’s Baptismal Certificate for us to copy and return to you.
~ Monday, September 24, 6:00 – 6:45pm during PSR class
~ Tuesday, September 25, 6:00 – 6:45pm during PSR class
~ Seton and Family PSR parents may attend either meeting
- Sunday, November 4, 2:00-3:00pm – Church Search (for parent AND child)
- Saturday, January 12 – First Reconciliation Retreat and Sacrament of Reconciliation (for parent AND child). Choose a morning or afternoon session. The retreat culminates in your child receiving this sacrament for the first time.
- Sunday, February 3, 2:00-3:00pm – Instructional Mass (for parent AND child)
- Saturday, April 13 – First Communion Retreat (for parent AND child). Choose a morning or afternoon session.
Do you have a child with special needs who you would like to have prepared to receive the sacraments? Contact Lisa Davidson at 330-653-8118 x248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For preparation of older children or children over the age of seven who have not been baptized Catholic, contact Michael Schwark at email@example.com.