St. Mary Preschool is designed to promote your child’s social, emotional, spiritual, physical and intellectual development. The staff believes that every child is created by God and uniquely gifted with many capabilities which must be nurtured by family and community.
The goals of the staff are to help each child:
- Learn that he/she is a child of God and will grow in His love.
- Develop a positive self-image.
- Develop basic social skills: enjoy being part of a group, learn to share and cooperate.
- Increase independence.
- Develop a trust in his/her teacher.
- Develop large and small muscle coordination.
- Develop an enthusiasm for learning and acquire kindergarten readiness skills.
- Develop problem solving strategies and creativity.
- Be prepared for a successful transition into kindergarten.
We believe that each child is created by God and uniquely gifted with many capabilities which must be nurtured by both family and community. Therefore, we support our early childhood learning center which promotes the spiritual, emotional, social, intellectual anbd physical development of our young children. In this way, we are responding to the words and actions of Jesus as related in Mark’s Gospel: “Let the little children come to me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs…then He laid His hands on them and gave them His blessings.”