Lifelong Adult Ministry (L.A.M.)
Lifelong Adult Ministry (L.A.M.) at St. Mary Parish is an organization of women and men, single and married, 55 years of age and older, who have joined in the common objective of living vital and vibrant lives through personal and spiritual growth, service to fellow members and the parish in general, and a full participation in an active social life.
Spiritual and faith development is lifelong;
it does not end at any age or life stage.
Maturing adult life stages offer special opportunities
for lifespan development and service.
Maturing adults need opportunities
for stimulating social interaction.
The activities of L.A.M. address people 55 years of age and older who have encountered any of the following:
- Additional free time
- Retirement or facing retirement
- Looking for growth
- Looking for challenging and stimulating activities
- Changing physical abilities
- Dealing with change in various aspects of life; empty nest, death or role change
|Annual Summer Mass
||Local Theatre Events
||Men’s Golf League
|Stations of the Cross
||Exhibits & Tours
||Habitat for Humanity
||Ladies Book Club
||Local Baseball Games
What Our Members Say About L.A.M.:
- “L.A.M. is a great support group for St. Mary’s senior community; it provides a real bond to our faith, fun activities and events for all seniors, an opportunity to make new friends, and is dedicated to help those in need.”
- “L.A.M. offers seniors an opportunity to connect with one another and to meet those new to St. Mary’s.”
- “L.A.M. provides a forum to discuss common concerns such as health, retirement; provides entertainment, companionship, recreation and a connection to St. Mary Church.”
- “Everyone has been extremely good to those of us who are alone. It’s nice to attend an event and not feel out of it because I come un-escorted.”
- “L.A.M. provides us with good reasons to socialize with an exceptional group of fellow Catholics.”
- “It has meant so much to us to be members. It came at a time when so many friends moved away. I especially like how our group welcomes and encourages all the single people to participate in everything.”