- To foster a transforming spiritual experience of Jesus through the liturgy, allowing early adolescents to experience the Word of God and the Eucharist more profoundly.
- To create a positive experience of the Catholic Church for early adolescents.
- To assist middle school youth in gaining an understanding and appreciation of what the Catholic Church teaches and believes.
- To incorporate the Catholic Church’s vision of social justice and love for neighbor into the spiritual life of middle school youth.
- To demonstrate to the middle school youth that they are a vital and visible presence within the parish community right now, not just when they grow up.